Thanks so much for visiting me here at Tenth Acre Farm!
Do you have an inexplicable desire to have your hands in the dirt? Tenth Acre Farm is for everyone who loves playing in the garden and tinkering with plants.
Here at Tenth Acre Farm, I share tips for applying permaculture design to small-scale residential spaces: backyard gardens, front yard edible landscapes, and suburban micro-farms.
I have a passion for discovering ecologically friendly techniques for growing food that are easy to maintain and increase biodiversity.
Read more about me and Tenth Acre Farm on my About Page.
I hope you find something here that sparks inspiration and excitement for growing food, wherever you live!
If you’d like to start looking around, why not start with what Tenth Acre Farm readers seem to love the most?
- 5 Reasons to Grow Yarrow
- How to Kill Poison Ivy in 5 Steps (A Permaculture Approach)
- The Secret to Keeping Rosemary Alive Indoors
This up-and-coming design approach is used for growing food in ecologically sound ways.
- 12 Perennial Crops to Grow in Wet Soil
- Here’s a Quick Way to Terrace a Hill
- How to Build a Permaculture Swale
Growing edibles in the landscape can be done in an aesthetically pleasing way, which may be just the ticket for suburban- and HOA-dwelling folks.
- How to Grow Black Raspberries
- How to Plant a Hedgerow
- See How Easily you can Create an Edible Landscape
I’ve got you covered with advice for organizing your time efficiently and helping you to be a successful gardener.
- 6 Flowers to Grow in the Vegetable Garden
- Choose the Right Trellis for your Climbing Vegetables
- Grow the Best Cucumbers with these 12 Steps
Growing and Using Herbs
Herbs are an essential part of the permaculture micro-farm. They support the garden by attracting beneficial insects, deterring pests, and fertilizing. They add flavor and nutrition to food and support health with medicinal benefits.
- 5 Weeds You Want in your Garden
- How to Make Herbal Salves
- Growing Comfrey in the Permaculture Garden
Continue browsing by checking out the categories that interest you.
Subscribe to the Tenth Acre Farm Newsletter
The Tenth Acre Farm newsletter includes featured and trending articles on topics like permaculture, edible landscaping, organic gardening, and micro-farming.
Join the thousands of micro-farmers who already receive the newsletter, and get my FREE 10-Day Permaculture Mini Course when you subscribe!